Blast Off to Kindergarten, a collaboration of community partners, seeks to:
- generate community awareness and action in Saint Paul
- support schools, families, and children in preparation for and transition to kindergarten, a significant educational milestone, by creating and promoting reciprocal connections and relationships in the community.
- Children matter.
- Parents are a child’s first and most important teacher.
- Diversity is valued.
- Transition to school is a shared responsibility.
- Positive transition to school is a critical step to a child’s success in school.
- In partnership with families, the community is responsible for providing opportunities and resources so all children can reach their potential.
- Facilitate community conversations about the transition to school to generate interest and action.
- Invite and encourage diverse perspectives.
- Provide accurate, useful and accessible information from various sources and disseminate it through multiple avenues.
5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
Explore kindergarten readiness guides to help you get the children in your life ready to read, ready for school, and be healthy!